Rodrigo Carrizo Couto is a photographer and journalist, living and working in Switzerland.
Member of the Swiss Register of Professional Journalists (RP/BR) and of the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ), he started reporting from the Soviet Union in 1989. He studied photography in Buenos Aires, Moscow, Paris and Lausanne.
In 2003, he began an ongoing collaboration with the major Spanish newspaper "El País". Since 2008 he contributes regularly to the SRG-SSR Swissinfo (Swiss Broadcasting) online magazine and has a permanent column in “Literal Magazine”, from Houston, USA. His photos and articles are published regularly in newspapers and magazines from Switzerland, Spain and the Americas.
He has photographed and interviewed personalities such as Quincy Jones, Kofi Annan, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Harvey Keitel, Yasmina Reza, Paco de Lucía, H.R.Giger, Diego Maradona, Tariq Ramadan, Youssou N’Dour, or former Swiss presidents Micheline Calmy-Rey and Doris Leuthard, among hundreds of others.
In 2007 his photos were published in the book “Envie d’Envol” (Editions In Octavo, Paris) in collaboration with the Swiss poetess Lucienne Giradier-Serex: He has exhibited his portraits of artists in Basel (Switzerland) and Buenos Aires (Argentina).
Since 2017 his photographic work is represented by Bridgeman Images, from London, U.K.
Rodrigo works in English, French and Spanish.
His pictures have been published by media such as:
· Diario "El País" (Madrid, Spain)
· SRG SSR Swissinfo (Bern, Switzerland)
· "Literal Magazine" (Houston, USA)
· "L'Hebdo" Magazine (Lausanne, Switzerland)
· "Globus Reisen" (Zürich, Switzerland)
· "Le Matin Dimanche" (Lausanne, Switzerland)
· Diario "Clarín" (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
· Diario "La Nación" (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
· "Scherzo" Magazine (Madrid, Spain)
· "Fotomundo" Magazine (Buenos Aires, Argentina)